Louisiana has actually been one of the more timely states when it comes to marijuana. Even though recreational marijuana remains a crime, it results in a $300 dollar fine or 15 days in jail. In 2015 Governor Bobby Jindal signed bill SB 143 which reduced the penalties for cannabis possession. Cities such as New Orleans and Baton Rouge have decriminalized it completely. Louisiana is considered progressive for its medical program.
Medical Marijuana in Louisiana
Medical Marijuana has been legal in the state since 1991. Although this is an early adoption, dispensing of medical marijuana was non-existent. It was not until August 2019 that medical marijuana was actually dispensed.
CBD oil in Louisiana
The most popular way to extract CBD oil is called the ‘oil method’. You will need certain high quality carrier oils like coconut or olive oil which is free of any unwanted residues. This method is completely safe and should be fairly straightforward.
Step by Step Oil Method
First of all, understand that the quality of the Marijuana plant you put in will dictate the strength of the final product. We recommend 3 of our finest CBD seeds to use.
- ACDC CBD Feminised Seeds
- CBD Kush Autoflower Seeds
- Harlequin CBD Feminised Seeds
- First of all, the cannabis buds has to go through a process called decarboxylation. This involves putting the buds on a baking tray surrounded by tin foil with a few holes through it to let out the air. Place it in the oven and set the temperature at 220°F for 90 minutes. This process heats the plant to temperature which will activate the plants’ chemicals.
- Next, you will need a mason jar to mix the cannabis with the carrier oil (coconut oil or olive oil). The quantity of the oil you use will have an affect on the potency of the final product. Let the weed and oil soak together in the jar.
- Screw the lid on tight on the jar as we dont want any steam or water to enter the jar in the next few steps.
- Grab a small pan or pot which will be used to hold the mason jar with water. Place a small towel on the bottom of the pan and place the mason jar on it.
- Turn on the stove and heat the pan until it reaches a temperature of at least 200 degrees. Use a thermometer to keep an eye on the temperature.
- Let it simmer for 3 hours while checking to make sure the water doesn’t evaporate.
- After simmering for 3 hours, turn off the stove and let it sit for a further 3 hours.
- It’s advisable to heat the mixture for a further 3 hours, turn off the stove and leave overnight.
- Next morning, use a strainer or cloth to squeeze all of the oil into a separate container. The oil is now ready to use. Congratulations!